酷兔英语

6.a whole new ballgame

状况完全不同于以往,"ballgame" 意思是情况,局面。

eg. High school was fun but university is a whole new ballgame.

高中生活很轻松,但是大学就完全不一样了。

I have a lot of work experience in America, but working in China is a whole new ballgame.

我在美国的工作经验很丰富,但是我在中国就完全不一样了。

7.act like a clown

行为愚蠢。To act silly, stupid or crazy.

eg. When the boys drink too much beer, they act like clowns.

当那些男孩喝啤酒喝多了之后,他们的行为表现得很愚蠢。

8.any minute

随时有可能发生,马上。

eg. She should be here at any minute.

她应该马上就到了.

9.around the block

在某方面有经验,是个老手。

eg. Let's ask Justin how to deal with this situation. He's been around the block a few times.

让我们问一下贾斯廷如何处理这种情况,他好几次碰到过这种困难。

I've been around the block a few times. I know what I'm doing.

我对处理这种困难很有经验,我知道应该怎么做

10.as nature intended

出自人类本能的要求。

eg. Every weekend I drink beer as nature intended.

每个周末我都要喝啤酒,因为这是自然需要。

I must go do as nature intended.

我必须去方便一下(上厕所)。

11. ask off 请假。

eg. I want to ask off for my birthday this year.

今年我的生日我想请假。

A: Are you going to the soccer game this afternoon?

B: No, I asked off, but my boss said he needs me in the office.

你今天下午要去看足球比赛吗?

不,我请假了,但是老板说他需要我去办公室上班。
关键字:俚语
生词表:


文章标签:俚语