1. --- Where is George? He said he would meet me here at 3 o’clock.
--- He seems____ with Mr. Brown in the office.
a.to talk b. to be talking c. to have talk d. to talked
2. _____ in the queue for half an hour, tom suddenly realized that he has left his wallet
A. to wait B. have waited C. having waited D. to have waited
3. He has always insisted on his _____ Dr turner
instead of Mr. turner.
A. been called B. called C. having called D. being called
4. – What did jetty say after the accident?
--He was ____ freighted to say anything.
A. to be B so C. such D. too
5. —What did your teacher say?
--- She asked me ____leave yet.
A. not to B. don’t C. that I shouldn’t D. that I don’t
6. --- Have you been to see your girl friend?
--- No, but ____
A. I go B. I’m going to see C. I go to see D. I’m going to
7. I did it again. I slept until noon. _____ through the alarm seems to be your biggest problem.
A. a sleep B. to sleep C. to be asleep D. sleeping
8. – How do you like your apartment?
--Not very well. We are considering
___ our lease.
A. to not renew B. to renewal of C. not renewing D. at not renewing
9. – I think you will like her.
-- Yes, I am looking forward to ____ her.
A. meet B. be meet C. be meeting D. meeting
10. They will grow as tall as you soon, if they ____
A. would help growing like that B. keep to grow like it
C. keep growing like that D. will keep growing like that.
11. It is said in Australia there is more land than the government knows ______
A. it what to do with. B. what to do it with C. what to do with it D. to do what with it
12. Having a trip abroad
is certainly good for the old people, but it remains ____ whether they will enjoy it.
A. to see B. to be seen C. seeing
13. They knew her very well. They had seen her ____ up from children.
A. grow B. grew C. was growing D. to grow
14. The chair looks rather hard, but in face, it is very comfortable to ____
A.sit B. sit on C. be sat D. be sat on
15.the purpose of the new technology is to make life easier, ____ it more difficult.
A. not make B. not to make C. not making D. do not make
16. Go on ____ the other exercise after you have finished this one.
A. to do B. doing C. with D. to be doing
17. --- What do you think of the book?
--- Oh, excellent. It’s worth _____ a second time.
A. to read B. to be read C. reading
D. being read
18. Do you know the boy ___ under the big tree?
A. lay B. lain C. laying D. lying
19. There was a terrible noise ____ the sudden burst of light.
A. followed B. following C. to be followed D. being followed
20. --- Good morning, can I help you?
--- I’d like to have this package
A.be weighed B. to be weighed C. to weigh D. being weighed
21. Paul doesn’t have to be made ____. He always work hard.
A. learn B. to learn C. learned
22. _____ more attention, the tree could have grown better.
A. given B. to give C. giving D. having given
23. Most of the artists ____ to the party were from South Africa.
A. invited B. to invite C. being invited D. having invited
24. We agreed _____ here but so far she hasn’t turned up yet.
A. having met B. meeting C. to meet D. to have met
25. Though he had often made his little sister _____, today he was made ____ by his little sister.
A. cry, to cry B. crying, crying C. cry, cry D. to cry, cry
26. Last summer, I took a course on _____
A. how to make dress B. how dress be made
C. how to be made dress D. how dress to be made
27. The secretary worked late into the night, _____ a long speech for the president.
A. to prepare B. preparing C. prepared D. was preparing
28. ---- The light in the offi