1. What color does the man prefer?
A. Light blue. B. Yellow. C. Pink
2. Why can't the woman take her holiday?
A. She will start a new job.
B. She has to take another training.
C. She is busy with her new job.
3. Who is the woman speaking
A. A policeman. B. A friend. C. A shop assistant.
4. How many hours will the woman be in New York?
A. Two hours. B. Six hours. C. Four hours.
5. What does the man mean?
A. He thinks that the tickets near the stage have been sold out-
B. He doesn't want to sit near the stage.
C. He means it is not easy at all to get tickets.
6. What is the relationship
between the woman and the man?
A. Doctor and patient. B. Father and mother. C. Friends.
7. What does the woman suggest the man do?
A. To take two tablets of each of these before every meal.
B. To do much running. C. Not to have an injection.
8. Where does the conversation take place most probably?
A. In a gift shop. B. In a flower shop. C. At a bank.
9. How many kinds of gifts did the man mention?
A. Three. B. Four. C. Five.
10. Which hat does the woman like?
A. The blue one. B. The red one. C. The yellow one.
11. Why did the man come late this time?
A. Because he got up late as usual. B. Because of the heavy traffic
C. Because he left his home late.
12. What was the man's excuse last time?
A. Getting up late. B. Traffic jam. C. Missing the bus.
13. Why was the woman a little confused?
A. Because she doesn't know the places.
B. Because she was asked two places.
C. Because she doesn't know the man.
14. Where will the man want to go?
A. Go to the post office. B. Go to the Middle School. C. Both A and B.
15. What is the article talking about?
A. The history of Olympic Game.
B. The openingceremony
of 28th Olympic Games.
C. The closing ceremony
of 28th Olympic Games.
16. How many silver medals has the Chinese delegation
A.32. B.14. C.17.
17. When and where will the next Olympic Games be held?
A. 2008, in Sydney. B. 2008, in Athens. C. 2008, in Beijing.
18. What does this passage talk about?
A. Copyright. B. Publication. C. Law Act.
19. No part of the publication
may be reproduced except?
A. With the permission
of the Press.
B. With the written permission
of the Press. C. Not mentioned.
20. What are the exceptions not allowed for?
A. For private reading. B. For review. C. For sale.
21. Look at the clear sky and you’ll know it’s not _____ to rain this afternoon.
B. rarely C. certain D. likely
22. A small bad deed may have deadly
ill ____ on children while a small kind will do the opposite.
A. affect B. effect C. power D. control
23. It’s a shame that he should go back home without having _____ any success.
A. completed B. accomplished C. finished D. achieved
24. With Mr. Smith _____ at going home, I’ve _____ a car to pick him up tomorrow.
A. aimed; arranged B. aiming; arranged with
C. aiming; arranged for D. aimed; arranged for
25. Australia is said to be home __________ some certain special plants and animals.
A. to B. with C. of D. for
26. As an