酷兔英语


Herbert:Do you like computers?

  赫伯特:你喜欢电脑吗?


  Rose:I have one, but I don't know much about them.


  柔丝:我有一台电脑,但对电脑不太在行。


  Herbert:I see. What about baseball?


  赫伯特:喔,这样。那棒球呢?


  Rose:No. 1) I'm not into sports.


  柔丝:不喜欢。我不太热衷运动。


  Herbert:So...... are you seeing someone?


  赫伯特:那......你有在跟人交往吗?


  Rose:Well, that's a 2) personal question.


  柔丝:嗯,那是私人的问题。


  Herbert:Sorry. I didn't mean to be 3) nosy. It's just that......


  赫伯特:对不起,我并不想探人隐私。只是......


  语言详解


  A: Why don't you two hang out anymore?


  你们俩怎么没再去约会了?


  B: It's too awkward to be alone with her.


  跟她独处太尴尬了。


  「That's a personal question. 那是私人的问题」


  有些人明明跟你不熟,却喜欢问东问西,连不该问的感情、薪资、体重、三围、家庭状况、对某人的好恶、政治倾向......都想探听。下次当你遇到这种不识相的人,而他又问了你不愿回答的问题时,就可以回他这一句。


  A: How much do you weigh?


  你的体重是多少?


  B: That's kind of a personal question.


  这是私人问题。


  「I didn't mean to be...... 我并非故意......」


  当你说了或做了某件事,而别人因为误会而被伤害,就可以说这句话,使用时机和前面的I don't mean anything bad.相同。


  A: It's a good thing you're not a singer or you'd make no money!


  好在你不是歌星,不然你一定赚不到钱。


  B: What?


  什么?


  A: I didn't mean to be rude. I was just kidding.


  我并不是故意那么没礼貌。我只是开玩笑。


  1) I'm not into......我不热衷于......


  2) personal (a.) 私人的


  3) nosy (a.) 爱追问的,爱管闲事的


关键字:英语听力
生词表: