酷兔英语


Don: The lady told me to thank you, Herbert.

  唐: 那位小姐要我谢谢你呢,赫伯特。


  Herbert: So?


  赫伯特: 所以咧?


  Don: So, here's your 1) chance.


  唐: 所以,你的机会来了。


  Herbert: She's just being 2) polite. She doesn't want to hurt my feelings.


  赫伯特: 她只是客气。她不想伤害我的感情。


  Don: She accepted your drink. That means she 3) invites you to talk to her.


  唐: 她接受了你的饮料。那表示她邀你去跟她说话。


  Herbert: No, she's too pretty. I'm not in her 4) league.


  赫伯特: 不,她太漂亮了。我配不上她。


  Don: Don't blow it, Herbert! Get over there!


  唐: 你别搞砸了,赫伯特。赶快过去吧!


  语言详解


  A: Did you do the laundry yet?


  你洗衣服了吗?


  B: No. I haven't had a chance to do it.


  还没,我还没找到机会。


  「to hurt someone's feelings 伤(某人的)心,伤(某人的)感情」


  让人觉得难堪、悲伤、沮丧、自卑等负面的情绪,就是to hurt someone's feelings.


  A: You hurt my feelings when you said that.


  你那样说伤了我的心。


  B: I'm sorry. You misunderstood me.


  对不起。你误会我了。


  「to be in someone's league 配得上(某人),跟(某人)属于同一类」


  若要表示"配不上" 、"不同属一类" ,除了把be改成be not,也可以说to be out of someone's league.


  A: Look at the new girl! She's definitely my type.


  你看那个新来的女生!她绝对是我要的型。


  B: Keep dreaming. She's out of your league.


  继续做梦吧,她不是你配得上的。


  1) chance (n.) 机会


  2) polite (a.) 客气的,礼貌的


  3) invite (v.) 邀请


  4) league (n.) 同一伙人,团体


关键字:英语听力
生词表: