酷兔英语


 Sue: Did you 1) try out the chat rooms yet?

  苏:你试过网络聊天室了吗?


  Rose: Yeah, but there're so many people just using the Net to 2) fool around!


  柔丝: 有,但是有好多人利用网络乱搞!


  Sue:So did you meet anyone?


  苏:你遇到了什么人吗?


  Rose: 3) You could say so. I pretended to be a 4) middle-aged man and ended up 5)asking a 16-year-old girl out. Can you believe it? She 6) accepted!


  柔丝: 可以这么说。我装成一个中年男人,最后邀一个十六岁女孩出来。你相信吗?她居然答应了!


  Sue: Why? Are you crazy?


  苏:干嘛?你疯啦?


  Rose: Because I wanted to show her how easy it is to be 7) tricked on the Internet!


  柔丝: 因为我想让她知道在网络上有多容易受骗!


  Sue: Why?


  苏:为什么?


  Rose: I'm a teacher. It's my job to help young girls.


  柔丝: 我是老师。帮助年轻女孩是我的工作。


  Sue: You're really 8) one-of-a-kind, Rose.


  苏:你实在是千古奇人,柔丝。


  语言详解


  A: I want to try out a new restaurant.


  我要试试去一家新餐厅吃。


  B: OK. There's one around the corner.


  好。转角就有一家


  「fool around 闲荡,游手好闲」


  around原意有"四处,到处"的意思。从字面上来看fool around, 就可以感觉到一个人呆头呆脑的乱晃,也就是"鬼混"的意思。例如:


  A:They always fool around when the boss is not in the office.


  老板不在办公室的时候,他们总是到处闲荡。


  B:They will be fired some day.


  他们总有一天会被炒鱿鱼。


  1) try out 试试看


  2) fool around 乱来


  3 you could say so 你可以这么说


  4) middle-aged (a.)中年的


  5) ask......out 约......出来


  6) accept (v.) 接受,答应


  7) trick (v.) 诱骗


  8) one-of a kind (n.) 异类


关键字:英语听力
生词表:


文章标签:聊天