酷兔英语


 Rose: Sue. I never said I didn't like Herbert......It's just that......

  柔丝: 苏,我从没说我不喜欢赫伯特......只是......


  Sue: See! I knew it! You were moved by his e-mail music.


  苏: 看吧!我就知道!你被他的电子邮件音乐感动了。


  Rose: I don't know if we're 1) compatible or not.


  柔丝: 我不知道我们俩适不适合。


  Sue: Let music bring the two of you together.


  苏: 就让音乐把你们俩拉在一起。


  Rose: We've already seen that that doesn't work.


  柔丝: 我们已经发现那是行不通的。


  Sue: Well, maybe you should act like 2) normal people.


  苏: 嗯,也许你应该采取一般人的做法。


  语言详解


  A: Why did you break up with Don?


  你跟唐怎么分手的?


  B: We weren't compatible.


  我们合不来。


  「That doesn't work. 这是行不通的」


  当别人给你建议,但你知道那依然无法扭转情势的时候,你就可以说这句话。


  A:The baby won't fall asleep!


  宝宝就是不肯睡觉!


  B:Try singing to him. If that doesn't work, read him a story.


  试试唱歌给他听,要是没有用的话,就说故事给他听。


  另外这句话也可以用在机械或电器等用品故障的时候。


  A:Let's watch TV!


  我们来看电视!


  B:Sorry. That TV doesn't work. You?l have to watch the one in the living room.


  抱歉。那台电视坏掉了。你得去看客厅那台。


  1) compatible (a.) 相容的


  2) normal (a.) 正常的


关键字:英语听力
生词表: