酷兔英语

 
 Rose: (1) embarrassed) Tell you more about what?


  柔丝:(不好意思)要再跟你说什么?


  Sue: About Herbert! You said he was boring.


  苏: 赫伯特啊!你说过他很无趣的。


  Rose: Yes, that's what I thought before.


  柔丝:是啊,我以前是这么觉得。


  Sue: So, are you saying you 2) kind of like him?


  苏: 所以你是说,你现在有点喜欢他罗?


  Rose: You 3) blow everything out of proportion.


  柔丝:你真会小题大做。


  Sue: So why is he 4) all of a sudden not so boring?


  苏: 那他为什么突然不无趣了?


  Rose: We have a lot 5) in common.


  柔丝:我们有许多共通点。


  Sue: Since when?


  苏: 从哪时候开始有共通点了?


  语言详解


  A: Would you ever consider marrying me?


  你有没有可能考虑跟我结婚?


  B: No. We have absolutely nothing in common.


  没有。我们完全没有共通点。


  「to blow something out of proportion 言过其实,小题大做」


  out of proportion是"大到不成比例"blow是"吹"的意思,在美语中有"吹牛"的意思。


  A: I can't believe you ignored me like that!


  我不敢相信你会这样躲避我!


  B: I couldn't take your call. Don't blow it out of proportion.


  我只是没办法接你的电话。别夸大其词了。


  A: She said I was cute. She thinks I'm too short and childlike!


  她说我很可爱。她是认为我太矮而且太孩子气!


  B: You blew her comment out of proportion.


  你把她的说法讲得太夸张了。


  1) embarrassed (a.) 感到尴尬的


  2) kind of 有一点,有几分


  3) blow...... out of proportion (v.) 夸大其词。proportion 是"比例" .


  4) all of a sudden 突然间


  5) in common 共同


转贴于:考试大_实用英语
关键字:英语听力
生词表: