酷兔英语

章节正文

Excuse me, but could you give me some change?劳驾,你能换些零钱给我吗?

Let me see. Are dimes and quarters OK?让我瞧瞧。1角和2角5分的硬币行吗?

I want to make a long distance phone call.我是想打个长途电话。Then you'll need small change.那你需要换小零钱。



Sorry to bother you, but do you have change for a one?对不起,麻烦你,你有1元钱的零钱吗?

I'll have to look. What do you want to for?我得看一看。你要零钱干什么?

I need it for the parking meter.我需要零钱投停车记时器。

I can give you quarters, if that'll help.如果2角5分的硬币管用的话,我可以给你换一些。



Pardon me, but I was wondering if you could break a one.对不起,不知你是否能兑开1元钱。

Let me look. What do you need?我来看看。你需要什么样的零钱?

I need the change for the stamp machine.我需要投入自动售邮票机的零钱。

I think dimes and quarters will do.我看1角和2角5分的硬币就可以了。



Excuse me. Could you give me change for a dollar?劳驾,你能不能换1元零钱给我?

I'll see what I have. What do you need it for?我来看看我有什么样的零钱。你要干嘛?

I want to get cigarettes.我要买香烟。

You can use quarters, dimes and nickels.你可以使用2角5分、1角和5分三种硬币。



Hello. Can I speak to Yolanda,please?喂,我找约兰达讲话,可以吗?

Hold on,please.请你等一下。

Thank you.谢谢。

Sorry, but she is out.很抱歉,她出去了。

Would you tell her Tom Gray Called?请你告诉她汤姆i格雷来过电话,好吗?

I'd be glad to.好的。



Hello. Is Marie Ward there, please?喂,请问玛丽i沃德在吗?

I'll see if she's in.我去看看她在不在。

OK.好的。

I'm afraid she's not here.很抱歉,她不在。

Could you give her a message, please?请问你能不能带个口信给她?

Yes, of course.当然可以。

Hello. Is Mrs.James in, please?喂,请问詹姆斯太太在家吗?

Hang on, please.请等一下。

All right.好的。

I'm sorry, but I think she's stepped out.对不起,我想她出去了。

Would you ask her to call Larry Ruskin at 8 36-2550?请你让她给拉里i拉斯金挂个电话好吗?电话号码是:836-2550。

Certainly.当然可以。



Hello. Could I please speak to Miss Davis?喂,麻烦你,请戴维斯小姐听电话。

Just a minute, please.请等一下。

Thanks.谢谢。

She's not at her desk right now.这会儿她不在办公室办公。

Could you ask her to give Doug a call when she gets back? She has my number.她回来后,你能不能告诉她给道格挂个电话?她有我的Sure.一定转告。



Excuse me. Can you tell me where Main Street is?劳驾,你能告诉我正街在哪里吗?

Turn left at the second light and then go straight for two blocks.到第2排红绿灯处往左拐,然后一直往前走,过两个街区。Is it far?远吗?

No. It's only a five-minute walk.不远。只消走5分钟。

Thanks a lot.多谢。

You're welcome.别客气。



Excuse me. Could you please tell me how to get to the station?劳驾,请问到火车站去怎么走?

Turn left at the first light. You can't miss it.到第一排红绿灯处往左拐。你不会找不找的。

Will it take me long to get there?到那里要花很长的时间吗?

No. It's not far at all.不用。很近的。

Thank you.谢谢你了。

Don't mention it.不用谢。



Can you help me out? I'm trying to find a post office.你能帮我个忙吗?我想找个邮局。

Go three blocks and make a right. It's right there.过3个街区,然后往右拐。那里就有个邮局。

Should I take the bus?要乘公共汽车吗?

No. It's only take about five minutes to walk.不用。只消走5分钟左右就到了。

Thank you very much.太谢谢你了。

Any time.随时都愿意效劳。



Pardon me. I wonder if you could tell me how to get to Mott Street?对不起,不知道你能否告诉我到莫特街怎么走?

Keep going straight for two blocks, then turn right on Elm street and you'll run right into it.一直走,过两个街区,然后往右拐是埃尔姆街,再往前走,迎面就是莫特街。

Is it too far to walk?走着去很远吗?

No. It's only a little way.不远,只有一小段路。

Thanks.谢谢。

Sure. Have a good day.应该的。祝你度过愉快的一天。



Would Dr.Block be able to see me at 9:30 tomorrow?明天9点半布洛克医生能给我看病吗?

I'm sorry, but she won't have any openings until 11:00, unless there's a cancellation.对不起,除非有预约取消,11点以前她没有空。

Would 1:00 be convenient? 1点钟行吗?

Yes, she's free then. 可以,她那时有空。



I'd like to make an appointment with Professor Smith. Would 9:00 tomorrow be all right?我想和史密斯教授约个会面时间。明天9点行吗?

I'm afraid not. She doesn't have any openings in the morning.恐怕不行。上午她没有空。

Could I possibly make it early in the afternoon?我可以约在下午一上班的时间吗?

No. That's nog good either. But give me your number and I'll call you if somebody cancels.不。也不行。不过请你把电话号码给我,如果友人取消约会,我就打电话通知你。



I wonder if the dentist could fit me in early tomorrow?请问明天一早牙科医生能抽空给我看一下吗?

I'm afraid there's nothing available before noon.恐怕中午前是没法看了。

How about 12:45?12点45分怎么样?

Sorry, but she's busy then too.对不起,那会儿她也没空。



Do you think the doctor could see me tomorrow before 9:30?你看医生在明天9:30前能给我看病吗?

She won't be in until 10:45, so the earliest would be 11:00.她要到10:45才来,所以最早也得到11点才能看。How would 12:45 be?12:45怎么样?

Just a second. I'll have to check.等一等。我得查一查。



Does this bus go to the train station?这辆公共汽车去火车站吗?

No, You'll have to get off at the bank and take the A52.不去。你到银行那一站就得下车,改乘A52路的。

How long is the ride?要坐多久?

About ten minutes.大约10分钟。



Is this the bus for Park Ridge?这辆公共汽车是去派克岭的吗?

No. It only goes as far as Main Street, but you can get the Number 31 there.不去,最远只到正街。不过你可以到那里再乘31路。How long does it take to get there?到那里要多少时间?

It only takes a few minutes.只要几分钟而已。



Does this bus go to the beach?这辆公共汽车去海滨吗?

No. You're going the wrong way. You want the Number 11. It stops in front of the post office.不去。你乘错车了。你要乘11路。它在邮局门前停站

About how long does it take?大约要坐多久?

Only fifteen minutes.只要15分钟。

Is this the right bus for Pacific Boulevard?这是去太平洋大道的车吗?

No. You should have taken the Yellow Line bus. You can get one at the next stop.不是。你该乘黄线车才是。到下一站你可以搭上。Is it a long ride?要坐很久吗?

Not that long.不太长。



Kennedy Airport, please. I have to be there by 7:00.请到肯尼迪机场。我得在7点前赶到那儿。

I can't promise anything,but I'll do my best.不敢保证,不过我尽力而为。OK. That'll be $12.00, please.到了。请付12元。

Thanks a lot. Here.多谢。这是车费。



Do you think you can get me to Union Station by quarter after?你看你能否在一刻前把我送到联合车站?

We shouldn't have any trouble if the traffic isn't to heavy.如果交通不太拥挤的话,我们不会有什么困难。

You've got plenty of time. That's $7.65.你还富有很多时间.请付7元6角5分。

Thank you very much. Here's $10.00. Give me $1.00 back, please.太谢谢你了。这是10元钱,找我1元就行了。



The Hilton hotel, please. I have a 10:30 appointment.请到希尔顿旅馆,10点半我有一个约会。

You'll be there in plenty of time.你可以很方便地到达那里。

Here we are. $8.50, please.我们到了。请付8元5角。

Thank you. Here's $10:00. Keep the change.谢谢你。这是10元,不用找了。



Grand Central Station, please. I want to try to catch a 6:00 train.请到中央火车站。我要赶6点的火车。

I think you'll make it if we don't get stuck in a traffic jam.我想,如果我们不碰上交通阻塞,你是可以赶到的。

This is it. That's $9.15, please.到了。请付9元1角5分。

Here.给你。



What time does the train for Boston leaves?去波士顿的火车几点开?

9:25 on Track 12.9点25分,12轨道。

When does it arrive?什么时候到那儿?

It should be there at 11:45, but it may be a little late.应该是11点45分到那里,但也可能稍晚一点。

How much is a one-way ticket?单程车票多少钱一张?

It's $32.00 coach and $50.00 club car.二等车厢票价32元,头等车厢票价50元。



Which train do I take to Philadelphia?去费城乘哪趟车?

Track 4 at 9:30.9点半,4轨道的车。

How long does it take?火车要开多久?

It's due in at noon.正午到达。

What's the round-trip fare?来回票价多少?

It's $25.00 one way or $45.00 for a weekend excursion.单程票价25元,周末旅行来回票价45元。



What track does the Metroliner leave from?"华-纽特快"从第几轨道开出?

That's track 1 at 9:45.1轨道,9点45分开。

What time does it get in?什么时候到达那里?

It gets in around 11:45.大约11点45分到。

What's the fare?车费多少?

Coach is $32.00.二等票价32元。



What time's the next train to Washington?下一趟去华盛顿的车几点开?

That's 9:26 on Track 16.9点26分,16轨道。

When does it get there?什么时候到那里?

It's scheduled to arrive at 11:50.按照列车时刻表是11点50分到。

How much is it?多少钱?

It's $30.00 one way or $55.00 round trip.单程票价30元,来回票价55元。



I want to fly to Chicago on Thursday, the 1st.我要在1号,星期四飞往芝加哥。

Let me see what's available.我查一查看有什么班机。

I want to go coach, and I'd prefer a morning flight.我要普通舱,还有,我喜欢早上的班机。

United's Flight 102 leaves at 9:20.联合公司的102次班机9点20分起飞。

That's fine. What time do I have to be at the airport?好的。我应该几时到达机场?

Check-in time is 8:45.8点45分办理登机手续。



I'd like to make a reservation to Los Angeles for next Monday.我想预定一张下周星期一去洛杉矶的飞机票。

Just a second and I'll check the schedule.请等一等,我来查一下时刻表。

I'll need an economy ticket with an open return.我要一张经济舱,回来时间不定的来回票。

Air China has a flight leaving at 9:25.中国航空公司有一班飞机,9点25分起飞。

I guess that's Ok. What time should I check in?我想这正合适。我应该什么时候去办理登机手续呢?

You have to be there half an hour before departure time.你要在起飞前半小时到那里。



What flights do you have from New York to London tomorrow?明天从纽约飞往伦敦的有哪几班机?

One moment, please, and I'll find out what is available.请等一等,我来查一查有什么班机。

I'd like to travel first-class.我要头等舱。

OK. We have a nonstop flight leaving Kennedy at 9:25.好的。9点25分有一趟直达班机,从肯尼迪国际机场起飞。

When should I get to the airport?我该在什么时候到达机场?

Please be there by 8:45 at the latest.最迟请在8点45分之前到那里。



Do you fly to Dallas on Sunday?星期日你们有班机去达拉斯吗?

Just a minute and I'll see if there are any flights.等一下,我来看看有没有班机。

By the way, I don't want a night flight.随便提一下,我不要夜航班机。

There's a DC-10 out of LaGuardia Airport at 9:15 A.M.上午9点15分有班DC-10号班机从拉瓜迪亚机场起飞。

When am I supposed to check in?我应该在什么时候到机场办理手续呢?

Try to be there by 8:15----the airport will be crowded.尽量在8点15分以前赶到那里,到时机场会很拥挤的。



How much is it to rent an economy car?租一辆经济车要多少钱?

$19.00 a day or $129.00 a week, unlimited mileage.一天19元,一周129元,不计车程。

Could I have one for tomorrow morning?明天早上我能租一辆吗?

Do you have your driver's license?你有驾驶执照吗?

Sure. Here it is.当然有。这就是。



What's the rate for a station wagon?租一辆客货两用轿车要多少钱?

The daily rate is $32.00 plus 39 cent per mile.日租金32元,每英里外加3角9分。

Good. I'll take it right now, if possible.好,如果可能的话,我现在就要租一辆。

Can I see your license, please?请你给我看一下你的驾驶执照行吗?

Of course. I have any own license and an international license.那当然,我有一张自己州的和一张国际的驾驶执照。

That's fine. Fill out this form and let me see your credit card, please.好极了,请填一下这张表,再给我看一看你的信用卡。



How much does it cost to rent a mid-size car?租一辆中型汽车要多少钱?

I can give you one for $24.00 a day or $158.00 a week.租一辆一天24元,一周158元。

Fine. I'd like to reserve one for next Tuesday.好。我想预定一辆,下星期二用。

May I see your driver's license?我可以看一下你的驾驶执照吗?

Yes. It's right here.好的,就在这里。

OK. You'll have to use a credit card or leave a $100 deposit.好。你必须使用信用卡,否则要付100元的押金。



If I wanted to rent a van, how much would it cost?要是我租一辆搬运车,得花多少钱?

Let me see. That would be $40.00 a day plus 38 cents a mile.让我瞧瞧。一天40元,每英里外加3角8分。

That sounds OK. I'll need it from the 10th to the 14th.听上去挺不错。从10号到14号我需要租一辆。

Do you have a valid license?你持有效驾驶执照吗?

Yeah. Here.有。这就是。



Fill it up with unleaded and check the oil,please.请加满不含铅的汽油,并检查一下机油。

Do you want me to check the tires?要检查轮胎吗?

No, that's all for now. What does it come to?不用了。这次就这样。

$10.00.10美元。



Fill it up with premium, please.请加满高级汽油。

Sure. Should I check your radiator?好的。要不要检查一下散热器?

No, that's OK. How much do I own you?不用了。散热器正常。我要付你多少钱?

That'll be $10.00.10美元。



Fill it up with regular, please.请加满普通汽油。

All right. Should I take a look at your battery?好的。要不要检查一下蓄电池?

No, thanks. I'm in a hurry. How much is it?不用了,谢谢。我还有急事。多少钱?

$10.00, please.请付10元。
关键字:市民英语
生词表:
  • trying [´traiiŋ] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.难堪的;费劲的 四级词汇
  • dentist [´dentist] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.牙科医生 四级词汇
  • weekend [´wi:kend, ,wi:k´end] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.周末休假 四级词汇
  • chicago [ʃi´kɑ:gəu] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.芝加哥 四级词汇
  • dallas [´dæləs] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.达拉斯 四级词汇
  • unlimited [ʌn´limitid] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.无限的;过渡的 四级词汇
  • premium [´pri:miəm] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.奖励;奖金;保险费 四级词汇


文章标签:  

章节正文