酷兔英语

章节正文


  Unit 11 Repeat 重复
 1 Dialogue
  今天,我遇到了史密斯先生,我们有一年没见面了,聊了好多。不知什么原因我老是听不清他所说的话,居然还不知道什么是"lost weight",现在想想真可笑!
  A: Good evening. You're Mr. zhang, aren't you?
  晚安,你是张先生,是吗?
  B: Yes, and I believe you're Mr. Smith.
  是的,我想你是史密斯先生。
  A: That's right. I think I had the pleasure of meeting you about a year ago at Mrs. Johnson?s home.
  对,我想,大约一年前在詹森太太家里,我就荣幸地与你见过面了。
  B: Excuse me, but could you speak a bit more slowly? I couldn't catch what you said.
  对不起,你可否说慢一点?我听不懂你说的。
  A: Oh, I'm sorry. I said, do you remember Mrs. Johnson?
  哦,抱歉。我是说,你记得詹森太太吗?
  B: Yes, of course.
  是的,当然。
  A: I met you at her house.
  我在她家见过你。
  B: Yes, I remember now.
  是的,现在我记起来了。
  A: You're looking great. You've lost some weight, haven't you?
  你看起来好极了,你瘦了些,不是吗?
  B: What does"lost weight"mean?
  "lost weight"是什么意思?
  A: In other words, you become thinner.
  换句话说,你瘦了。
  B: I see. Yes, I stopped smoking and began to exercise.
  我明白了,是的,我停止抽烟并且开始运动。
  A: I admire you.
  我很敬佩你。
  B: I think stopping smoking was the smartest thing I ever did.
  我想,停止抽烟是我所做过的最聪明的事。
  A: Most people gain weight when they stop smoking,didn't you?
  大部分人停止抽烟时,体重会增加,你会这样吗?
  B: At first, but when I started jogging I lost it.
  刚开始的时候是这样,不过我开始慢跑以后体重就减少了。
2 精彩脱口秀--重复
  交流中难免有时听不清对方的谈话,需要对内容进行重新确认,这时就需要对方重述讲述的内容,否则会弄出更大的笑话。要求别人重述时要讲究礼貌;进行重述时要注意清楚明白。
  ●Say that again, please.请再说一遍。
  ●Sorry, what did you say?对不起,你说什么?
  ●Could you repeat that, please?请你把那个重复一下可以吗?
  ●I didn't hear you, could you come back?我没听清,你再说一遍,行吗?
  ●I'm sorry, I didn't hear what you said.对不起,我没听见你的话。
  ●Are you deaf? I said it wouldn't work.你聋了吗?我是说它不能用了。
  ●I mean...我的意思是......
  ●Look at it this way.这样说吧。
  ●I was just remarking...我刚才是说......
  ●I have no idea.我猜都猜不出来。
  ●I can't make head or tail of what you are saying.我一点也弄不明白你在说什么。
  ●I can't make it out at all.我完全无法理解。
  ●I'm not too clear about that point.关于那点我并不很清楚。
  ●I can't make any head way on this problem.我无法突破这个问题。
  ●I don't get it.我不了解它。
  ●In other words.换句话说。
● I don't understand what you're getting at.我不了解你想说什么。





Unit 12 Telephone 电话用语
 1 Dialogue
  露西明天要去拜访简,于是提前给她打电话,问是否方便,简很高兴露西明天能来,还答应教露西的妹妹烤蛋糕,最后还邀请她们一起吃晚饭。看来,明天晚上,她们将会有一个很愉快的晚餐。
  A: Hello. Is this the Green residence?
  喂。这是格林公馆吗?
  B: Yes, this is Mrs. Green speaking.
  是的,我是格林太太。
  A: Oh, hello, Jane. This is Lucy.
  哦,哈罗,简。我是露西。
  B: Hello, Lucy. How are you?
  哈罗,露西。你好吗?
  A: Quite well, thank you. I called to ask whether it would be all right for me to visit you tomorrow.
  很好,谢谢你。我打电话来问明天拜访你是否适合。
  B: Why, certainly. What time will you be coming?
  当然可以。你什么时候会来?
  A: Will four o'clock be convenient for you?
  四点钟时你方便吗?
  B: Yes, I'll be in all afternoon.
  方便,我整个下午都在。
  A: I wonder if you'd mind if I brought my kind sister along. You see, she?s staying with us for a few days.
  不知道你介不介意,我带我的小妹一块儿去。你知道,她这几天要跟我们在一块儿。
  B: Why, of course not. I'd love to meet her.
  当然不介意。我喜欢见到她。
  A: And I'd like to ask another favor of you, if I may.
  如果可以,我想还要请你帮个忙。
  B: Yes, what is it?
  好的,是什么呢?
  A: You see, my sister is quite interested in cooking and I wondered if you'd mind giving her some of your recipes.
  你知道,我的妹妹对烹饪很有兴趣,不知你是否愿意教她一点烹饪方法。
  B: Why, not at all. Is she interested in anything particular?
  当然可以。她对什么事特别感兴趣吗?
  A: Well, she's interested in baking bread and cakes just at the moment. You see, she has a new oven.
  噢,现在她对烤面包和蛋糕有兴趣。你知道,她有一台新的烤箱。
  B: If you have the time, why don't you stay for dinner? I could show her how to bake a cake.
  如果你有时间,为什么不留下来吃晚餐呢?我可以教她如何烤蛋糕。
  A: But wouldn't that be putting you to too much trouble?
  但是那不会带给你太多的麻烦吗?
  B: Not at all. You know how I like to cook. I think it will be fun.
  一点也不会。你知道我是多么喜欢烹饪。我认为会很有趣的。
  A: Thank you so much,Jane. We'll be there.
  太谢谢你了,简。我们会去的。
  B: Fine. Goodbye, Lucy.
  很好。再见,露西。
  A: Goodbye, Jane.
  再见,简。
 
 2 精彩脱口秀--打电话
  电话是人类迄今发明的最重要的通讯手段。打电话已成为我们日常生活中不可缺少的一部分,电话的用途也越来越多,学会正确地、恰当地使用电话是必需的。
  ●May I have Rose Hotel?请给我接玫瑰饭店好吗?
  ●I'd like the number for Mary.我想要玛丽的电话号码。
  ●Operator, I was cut off.接线员,我的电话断了。
  ●Hello, I'd like to speak to Mr. Reynolds.哈罗!我要找雷诺先生。
  ●May I help you? Bank of China.有什么需要我为您服务的吗?这里是中国银行。
  ●I'm afraid you have the wrong number.你拨错电话号码了。
  ●This call is collect.电话费由对方付。
  ●Want me to take a message?要我传个口信吗?
  ●Oh, damn! The phone is dead again!唉,该死的!电话又不通了!
  ●The line's still busy!电话还在占线。
  ●I finally got through.终于打通了。
  ●Let me try again.再试试看。
  ●Oh, there's the phone, what should I say?哦,有电话。我说什么好呢?
  ●That's me.我就是。
  ●Who is this?你是哪位?
  ●Nobody here by that name.这儿没有这个人。
  ●I'll just call back.我再打吧。
  ●Some people called.有几个电话找你。
  ●Don't put any calls through to me.我不接电话。
  ●Any phone call for me?有没有人打电话?
● What's on your mind special?有什么特别的事吗?




Unit 13 Inviting 邀请
 1 Dialogue
  美美应邀来到莎莉的生日聚会,并把祝福和生日礼物带给了莎莉。老朋友露西招待了美美,美美愉快地邀请露西一起跳舞,聚会的气氛非常融洽。
  A: Hello, Mei-mei. I'm so glad you could come.
  嗨!美美,我真高兴你能来。
  B: Thanks for inviting me. And happy birthday, Sally.
  谢谢你邀请我,生日快乐,莎莉。
  A: Thank you, come on in and take off your coat.
  谢谢你!请进来,把外套脱掉。
  B: Here, I brought a little gift for you.
  嘿,我有一个小礼物要送给你。
  A: Oh, thank you so much. That's very kind of you.
  哦,真谢谢你!你真好!
  B: It's my pleasure. Is everyone here already?
  别客气。每个人都来了吗?
  A: I believe a few more will be coming. I think you know everybody here.
  我想还有几个人会来。我想这里的每个人你都认识。
  B: Yes, I think so.
  是的,我想是的。
  C: Hello, Mei-mei. Did you just get here?
  嗨,美美,你刚到吗?
  B: Yes, I just came. Lucy, how have you been?
  是的,我刚到。你好吗?露西?
  C: Fine, thanks. And you?
  很好,谢谢。你呢?
  B: Oh. I've been quite well. Thank you.
  哦,我非常好,谢谢。
  C: What would you like to drink?
  你喜欢喝什么饮料?
  B: Let me see ...I think I'll have some orange juice.
  我看看......我想喝橙汁。
  C: OK. Here is your drink.
  没问题,你的饮料来了。
  B: Oh, thank you so much. How about the next dance?
  哦,非常谢谢你,下支曲子和我一起跳好吗?
  C: I'd love to.
  我很乐意。
 
 2 精彩脱口秀--邀请
  现代年轻人喜欢开生日派对,这已经成为朋友聚会的主要方式之一。参加朋友的生日派对,一般都要为对方带上一份生日礼物。生日派对也是年轻人喜爱的社交活动之一,他们借此机会与陌生的人接触,相识、相知,使友谊得到加深,情感得到升华。
  ●May I take you to the dance?我带你去参加舞会好吗?
  ●May I have this dance, please?这支曲子我可以跟你共舞吗?
  ●Thanks so much. I've had a wonderful time.非常谢谢。我度过了一段美好的时光。
  ●We're so glad you could come.我们很高兴你能来。
  ●Would you like to go to a movie tonight?今晚要不要去看电影?
  ●I'd like to take you out to dinner tomorrow.明天我带你去外面吃晚饭。
  ●Who else are you inviting?你还请谁了?
  ●Are you free tomorrow?你明天有空吗?
  ●Do your best to be here early tomorrow.你明天尽量早点到。
  ●Do you have any plans for this weekend?这个周末你有什么打算吗?
  ●Let's make a date to see the film.我们约一个时间去看电影吧。
  ●May I make an appointment?我可以定个时间见面吗?
  ●Come and see me next Sunday.下周日来看我吧。
  ●Like to come to my birthday party?愿意来我的生日会吗?
  ●Do you fancy coming along?你想一起来吗?
  ●Stay for dinner, unless you're busy.如果你不忙,就留下来吃晚餐吧。
  ●Can you come over and join us?你能来和我们做伴吗?
  ●Would you honor us with a visit?能否赏光来敝处做客?
  ●Drop by tomorrow if you're nothing on.如果你没事,明天过来玩玩。
● I'd like nothing better.再好不过了。'






Unit 14 Wish 愿望
 1 Dialogue
  这是大学橄榄球队教练尼克和采访他的记者的一段对话。从谈话中我们可以得知尼克教练是一位责任心很强的教练,年轻时的意外并没有打倒他,却使他选择了有意义的教练工作,他的愿望是使球队更加出色,让队员发挥出他们自己真正的水平。
  A: Coach Nick, thanks for meeting with me. May I ask you some questions?
  尼克教练,谢谢你和我见面,我可以问你些问题吗?
  B: Yes, I have about ten minutes now.
  可以,我现在大约有10分钟时间。
  A: The team looks very good. Are you happy?
  球队看来不错,你高兴吗?
  B: Yes, I'm very happy. The game is too slow. I want to see more action, but I'm happy.
  是的,我很高兴。比赛的节奏太慢,我想看到更多的攻势,但我仍感高兴。
  A: I don't want to talk only about this game. I want to talk about coaching.
  我不想把谈话仅局限于这场比赛,我想谈谈训练。
  B: OK.
  可以。
  A: Did you want to be a university football coach?
  你当初就想当大学橄榄球队教练吗?
  B: First, I wanted to be a professional football player.
  最初,我想当名职业橄榄球运动员。
  A: Did you play professional football?
  你进过职业橄榄球队吗?
  B: I played for two years.
  我在职业队打过两年球。
  A: What happened?
  出了什么事?
  B: I broke my leg.
  我摔断了腿。
  A: In a football game?
  是在橄榄球赛中吗?
  B: No, in an accident. I fell out of a tree.
  不是,在一次意外事故中,我从树上摔了下来。
  A: A tree?
  树上?
  B: I wanted to get a ball in the tree, and the limb broke. I broke my leg in three places.
  我想从树上取个球,但树枝断了,把腿摔断了3处。
  A: And no more football.
  因此就不能打橄榄球了。
  B: That's right. I wanted to play, but my wife didn't want me to play. My leg wasn't good.
  对,我还想打球,但我妻子不让我打,我腿不好。
  A: Now you're a coach.
  现在你当上了教练。
  B: It's funny. I played football for ten years. I never had an accident.
  很有趣,我打了10年橄榄球,从未出过事故。
  A: Do you like coaching?
  你喜欢教练工作吗?
  B: Very much. I wanted to play football. But I like coaching very much. I'm very happy.
  非常喜欢,我原来想打橄榄球,但现在我非常喜欢教练工作,我很高兴。
  A: You wanted to coach high school, but you are coaching university men now.
  你原想当中学教练,但你现在训练的是大学生。
  B: That's right. The university wanted me. They asked me.
  对,大学需要我,他们请的我。
  A: What do you want to see this year?
  今年你对你的球队有什么期望呢?
  B: I want to see my men grow. We're going to work very hard.
  我想看到我的队员有更大的进步,我们要刻苦训练。
  A: What do you mean"grow"?
  你说的进步是指什么?
  B: They were good last year. I want them to learn. I want them to become better.
  他们去年打得很好,我想让他们多学习,我想让他们打得更好。
  A: They look good.
  他们看起来不错。
  B: They are good. I want them to become better.
  他们很棒,我想让他们更棒。
 
 2 精彩脱口秀--愿望
  愿望是对未来的美好设想及祝福,能使他人快乐的人自己也能享受到快乐。所以我们不要吝啬把祝福送出,也许我们的愿望在不久的将来就会实现。
  ●I hope I can help her.希望我能帮助她。
  ●I wish she would come.希望她能来。
  ●I hope your play will be a great success.我希望你的演出取得巨大成功。
  ●I wish you every success in your new business.祝你的新事业成功。
  ●I expect great things of John in the near future.我期望不久的将来,约翰会有一番大作为。
  ●He will be very glad to see you both again.再看到你们两个他将很高兴。
  ●Good luck!祝你好运!
  ●Have fun.祝你愉快。
  ●Have a good time.祝你愉快。
  ●Hope things go all right with you.祝你万事顺利。
  ●All the very best!祝你万事顺利!
  ●Say hello to your sister.请代我向你姐姐问好。
  ●I hope you'll get well soon.我希望你很快康复。
  ●May you succeed.祝你成功。
  ●Bless you!祝福你!
  ●Sleep well.睡个好觉。
  ●Happy birthday!生日快乐!
  ●Give Jim my best wishes for the New Year.请代我向吉姆表示新年的祝福。
  ●To your health!祝你健康!
  ●Here's to you.敬你一杯。
  ●Here's to long and productive cheers for you both.祝你们俩幸福长久,多子多孙。
● I'll drink to that.我要为你干杯。


关键字:李阳英语
生词表:


文章标签:情景英语    

章节正文