定语从句(关系从句)充当修饰名词或代词的从句。 定语从句以关系代词开头 (who, whom, which, that, whose). 定语从句可以是限制性的或是非限制性的。 另请参阅下面的常见使用问题。
- Where is the girl who is going?
- That's the one that I like best.
- Is he the one whose house is on fire?
- That girl, who is going to the concert, has a green dress.
- The orange car, which is my favorite, has seating for six.
- The tuba player, whose house is on fire, just went to band practice.
- He was a loser. Who never thought he would win. [不正确]
- He was a loser who never thought he would win. [修订后]
- She saw the guy who dated Sheila who has a red mohawk. [不清楚]
- Does Sheila or the guy have a red mohawk? [令人困惑]
- She saw the guy, who has a red mohawk, who dated Sheila.