- Singular personal pronouns: I, me, you, he, him, she, her, it
- Plural personal pronouns: we, us, you, they, them
Example: John baked a cake for Eileen = He baked it for her.
- Singular possessive pronouns: my, mine, your, yours, his, her, hers, its
- Plural possessive pronouns: our, ours, your, yours, their, theirs
Example: I found John's hat = I found his hat.
Demonstrative pronouns call attention to their antecedents. An antecedent is the word or words to which a pronoun refers.
- Singular demonstrative pronouns: this, that
- Plural demonstrative pronouns: these, those
Example: The yellow car is his = That is his car.
Reflexive Pronous (反身代词)
Reflexive pronouns reflect the action back to the noun or pronoun that has just been named (ends in -self or -selves).
- Singular reflexive pronouns: myself, yourself, himself, herself
- Plural reflexive pronouns: ourselves, themselves, yourselves
Example: I will find it myself.
Example: He went there to do that, but she didn't know where he was.