1. the house on fire, he dialed 119.
A. To see B. Seeing C. Having seen D. Being seen
2. I fell down and broke three of my teeth. I wonder how many times I have to come here and get my false teeth .
A. fix B. fixing C. fixed D. to fix
3. We're _________ to listen to her ________ voice. It's _________ to hear her sing.
A. pleased; pleasing; pleasure B. pleased; pleasant; a pleasure
C. pleasing; pleased; a pleasure D. pleasing; pleasant; pleasure
4. a post office, I stopped some stamps.
A. Passed, buying B. Passing, to buy C. Having passed, buy D. Pass, to buy
5. with the size of the whole earth, the highest mountain does not seem high at all.
A. Comparing B. To compare C. Compared D. Having compared
6. Here are some new computer
programs _________ for home buildings.
A. designing B. design C. designed D. to design
7. a little money, Jimmy was able to buy his mother a lovely new lamp
A. To save B. Saving C. Saved D. Having saved
8. The teacher came into the classroom by his students.
A. following B. to be following C. followed D. having followed
9. With the money , he couldn't buy any ticket.
A. to lose B. losing C. lost D. has lost
10. There was so much noise in the room that the speaker
couldn't make himself .
A. being heard B. hearing
C. heard D. hear
11. The result of the test was rather .
A. disappointed B. disappointing C. being disappointed D. disappoint
12. I've never heard the word in spoken
A. use B. used C. using D. using
13. how to do the homework, I went to ask my teacher for help.
A. Not to know B. Not knowing
C. Knowing not D. Not known
14. Deeply , I thanked her again and again.
A. being moving B. moved C. moving D. to be moved
15. With winter on, it's time to buy warm clothes.
A. came B. comes C. come D. coming
16. the office, the foreign visitors were shown round the teaching building.
A. Having shown B. Showing C. Has shown D. Having been shown
17. He went from door to door, waste papers and magazines.
A. gathering B. gathered C. gather D. being gathered
18. The student corrected his paper carefully, the professor's suggestions.
A. follow B. following C. followed D. being followed
19. The price will save you one dollar for each dozen.
A. reduce B. reducing C. reduced D. reduces
20. People in the city do not know the pleasure of country life.
A. live B. to live C. lived D. living
21. The foreigner
tried his best, but he still couldn't make his point .
A. understand B. understanding C. to understand D. understood
22. The scientists were waiting
to see the problem .
A. settle B. settled C. to settle D. settling
23. The library's study room is full of students for the exam.
prepared B. busy preparing C. busily
prepare D. are busily
24. The ground is with leaves.
A. covering, falling B. covered, falling C. covered, fallen D. covering, fallen
25. Lessons easily were soon forgotten.
A. to learn B. learn C. learned D. learning
26. The wallet
several days ago was found in the dustbin outside the building.
A. stolen, hidden B. stealing, hiding C. stealing, hidden D. stolen, hiding
27. A person a foreign language must be able to use the foreign language all about his own.
A. to learn, to forget B. learning, to forget C. to learn, forgetting D. learning, forgetting