|Activity 2 Bingo|
1. Hand out copies of the bingo cards and six blank squares (cut to the size of the squares on the bingo cards) to each child in your class
2. Put the word cards into an envelope
3. Tell the learners if they have a picture of the word you read out they need to cover it.
"I will pick a word or phrase from the envelope"
"I will say the word or phrase"
"If you have the word or phrase, cover it up with a blank square"
4. Explain that the first person to cover all the pictures is the winner of the game.
"The first to cover all the pictures is the winner"
5. Play the game by picking a card from the box and reading it out.
6. The winner should tell you the words of the pictures on their card.
"Tell me all the words on your card and I'll check"
7. Play it again and this time, ask a learner to pick the words from the box/bag.
"Who wants to be the teacher?"
"OK come up here and read out the words"
Play it again in groups of six with a learner playing the part of the teacher in each group.
"Let's play it in groups"
"Group leaders please put up your hands. I'm going to give you an envelope each. (give each one an envelope)"
"OK – you have to pick the words out of the envelope and say them to your group"
Check they understand
"Can someone please tell me in Chinese what you have to do?"