1. accentuate v.使更为明显
The dark frame accentuates the brightness
of the picture.
2. aim v.瞄准
He aimed at the lion, fired ,and killed it.
The hunter took aim at the lion.
3. audience n.观众
The audience were very excited by the show.
4. bless v.祝福
They brought the children to church and the priest blessed
5. bundle n.包;包裹
We sent her a large bundle of presents on her birthday.
What are the characteristic
s that distinguish the Chinese from the Japaness.
We can now communicate
with people in Europe and America by telephone.
Radio, televison and newspaper quickly communicate
news to all parts of the world.
8. connect v.连接
The two towns are connected by a railway.
Janet and Bob correspond
ed for many years before they met.
The house exactly correspond
s with my needs.
adj.dark The sky qiickly darken
ed after sunset.
1. The priest ( ) the bread and wine in preparation for the ceremony.
2. His face was ( ) with anger when he heard the bad news.
3. A popular television program may have a(n) ( ) of several million people.
4. A useful ( ) of the cat is its ability to catch and kill mice.
5. His expenses do not ( ) to his income.
1. deny v.拒绝
Their employer denied them an increase of income.
2. discharge v.排出
Factory chimneys discharge smoke into the atmosphere and make it dirty.
The servant was discharged for being dishonest
3. dull adj.钝的
The blade of this knife is so dull that it will not cut a radish.
4. endeavor n.竭力
He made an endeavor to save the drowning girl.
The sick man did not endeavor to get better.
adj.excellent His teacher praised him for the excellence
of his report.
6. fade v.枯萎
The flowers in the garden faded at the end of summer.
7. fist n.拳头
He raised his fist and threatened to hit me.
8. frighten v.害怕
She was frightened to look down from the top of the tall building.
9. ghost n.鬼魂
They claim that the ghost of the murdered man appears every night.
Hunger, cold and sickness were among the hardship
s of pioneer life.
1. The old man's hearing
has become ( ), and you must speak loudly to him.
2. The Yellow River ( ) its water into the Yellow Sea.
3. Everything is clear; how can we ( ) the truth of his statement?
4. All memories of her childhood had ( ) from her mind.
5. Thunder and lightning ( ) most children and many adults.