In testimony at the manslaughter trial of Michael Jackson's physician, the late pop singer's personal assistant described the events surrounding Mr. Jackson's 2009 death, including concerns over the doctor's request for help retrieving an item from the singer's bedroom soon after he was pronounced dead.

已故流行歌手迈克尔•杰克逊(Michael Jackson)的医生莫瑞(Conrad Murray)被控过失杀人一案的庭审中,杰克逊的私人助理威廉姆斯(Michael Amir Williams)出庭作证,描述了2009年杰克逊去世前后发生的事件,包括在杰克逊被宣布死亡后不久,莫瑞曾让他帮忙从杰克逊卧室中拿走一件东西。

The physician, Conrad Murray, is accused of killing Mr. Jackson on June 25, 2009, by improperly treating the singer's insomnia with a surgical anesthetic, propofol, then leaving him unattended as his body succumbed to lethal levels of the drug.


If convicted, Dr. Murray faces up to four years in prison and the permanent loss of his medical license. Dr. Murray's lawyers deny the charges and asserted in opening arguments that it was the singer himself who, out of the doctor's sight, had taken a lethal combination of propofol and another drug.


The assistant, Michael Amir Williams, said that he was in a hallway at UCLA medical center shortly after learning that his boss had been pronounced dead when Dr. Murray approached him.


'He said there was some cream in Mr. Jackson's room that he wouldn't want the world to know about,' Mr. Williams said. 'He asked that I or someone take him back to the house to retrieve it.' Mr. Williams clarified that it was Mr. Jackson who supposedly wouldn't want the cream's existence known. Mr. William's testimony didn't include any details about what kind of cream it was or its usage.


Mr. Williams said that he was taken aback by the request and demurred. He said he quickly conferred with one of Mr. Jackson's security guards to concoct a story to get out of giving the ride. The men agreed to tell Dr. Murray that the police had taken their car keys, which they had not, Mr. Williams said.


Mr. Williams said he then instructed the security guards to 'lock down' Mr. Jackson's rented mansion near Los Angeles's Bel Air neighborhood, 'just for the simple fact that Dr. Murray had requested to go there.'

威廉姆斯说,接着他让保镖们"盯住"杰克逊在洛杉矶Bel Air社区附近租住的豪宅,原因很简单,就是莫瑞已经请求去那个地方。

As Mr. Jackson's assistant, Mr. Williams said, he supervised household staff such as the guards, maids, nannies and chefs.


Dr. Murray's lawyer, cross examining Mr. Williams, implied that the assistant had fabricated the story of the doctor's request, pointing out that he had waited until more than two months after the singer's death to tell police about it.


Prosecutors also played back a frantic voice mail that Dr. Murray left Mr. Williams immediately after the singer collapsed. 'Call me right away, please,' the doctor said, without identifying himself. 'Please call me right away. Thank you.'


When the two men spoke a few minutes later, Mr. Williams testified, the doctor said, 'Mr. Jackson had a bad reaction' to a drug, but never indicated that he was unconscious, nor asked the assistant to call 911.


Instead, Mr. Williams said, he was asked to phone a security guard and send him to the singer's bedroom.


Also testifying on Wednesday morning were an executive and a lawyer for AEG Live, the concert promoter that was to have presented the concert series for which Mr. Jackson was preparing at the time of his death.

周三上午出庭作证的还有演艺公司AEG Live的一名高管以及该公司的一名律师。杰克逊生前正在准备的系列演唱会由AEG Live负责筹备。

The witnesses gave details of the contract under which Dr. Murray was hired as Mr. Jackson's personal physician, including $150,000 a month and other benefits.


The officials testified that the contract was not signed before Mr. Jackson died, and that Dr. Murray never received payment for the two months he worked for the pop singer.


The executive, AEG Live Co-Chief Executive Paul Gongaware, said that he had negotiated the basic elements of the contract with the doctor, who initially sought $5 million a year.

AEG Live联席首席执行长贡加韦尔(Paul Gongaware)出庭作证时说,他曾就合同的基本条款同莫瑞医生进行过协商,莫瑞最初要求年薪为500万美元。

Much of the testimony has so far focused on Mr. Jackson's health during rehearsals the two days before he died. Several witnesses have said he appeared to be healthy on those days, even as defense lawyers attempted to depict him as exhausted and addicted to demerol, a painkiller they said a different doctor had been prescribing him.


Testifying in the afternoon, Mr. Jackson's head of security described his first sight of Mr. Jackson's lifeless body, and the subsequentrealization that two of the singer's children were watching from the bedroom door.


When the guard, Faheem Muhammad, entered the bedroom, Mr. Jackson was lying on the floor as Dr. Murray and another security guard performed CPR. 'It's not looking good,' Mr. Muhammad said the other guard told him.

当保安穆罕默德(Faheem Muhammad)进入卧室时,杰克逊正躺在地板上,莫瑞医生和另一名保安正在对他实施心肺复苏。穆罕默德说另一名保安告诉他,情况不是太好。

'His eyes were open,' said the security guard. 'His mouth was slightly open.'


Deputy District Attorney David Walgren asked: 'Did he appear to be dead?'

副地区检察官沃尔格伦(David Walgren)问道:他看上去像已经死了吗?

'Yes,' Mr. Muhammad said.


He said he then heard Mr. Jackson's young daughter, Paris, crying a few feet away.


'Paris was on the ground balled up, crying,' Mr. Muhammad recalled. 'Prince'