酷兔英语

第一集:

Where does it come from?

它从何而来

This quest, this need to solve life's mysteries when the simplest of quetions can never be answered.

这种渴望 这种需求 想去揭开生命奥秘却从未有过答案

Why we here?

我们为什么在这

What is the soul?

灵魂是什么

Why do we dream?

我们为什么做梦

Perheps we'd better of not looking at all.

漠不关心也许更好

Not delving, not yearning.

不钻研 不渴求知晓

That's not human nature.'

这不是人类的本性

Not the human heart.

也不是人类的心意

That is not why we are here.

更不是我们存在的目的

第二集:

We all imagine ourselves the agents of our destiny capable of determing our own fate

所有人都幻想着做命运的代理人 能够决定我们自己的命运

But have we truly any choice in when we rise? Or when we fall?

但是我们真的能够掌握人生的起起伏伏吗

Or does a force larger than ourselves bid us our direction?

亦或有另一种更加强大的力量操纵着我们前进的方向

Is it evolution that takes us by hand?

是进化将我们玩弄于鼓掌之中吗

Does science point our way?

还是科学帮我们指点迷津

Or is it god who intervenes, keeping us safe.

还是说是上帝让我们平平安安

For all his bluster, it is the sad province of man that he cannot choose his triumph.

无论他如何自大 人的可悲之处在于不能选择自己的成功

He can only choose how he will stand when the call of destiny comes.

他只能选择如何回应命运的召唤

Hoping that he'll have the courage to answer.

希望他有回应的勇气

第三集:

Suddenly, the change in your life that should have been wonderful, comes as a betray.

突然你生命中原本美丽的变化会反过来出卖你

It may seem cruel, but the goal is nothing short of self-preservation.

这也许很残酷 但是没有比自我保护更重要的了

Survival.

一切都为了生存

This force, evolution, is not sentimental.

这种力量 进化 是没有感情的

Like the earth itself, it know only the hard facts of life's struggle with death.

就象地球本身 它只知道生命与死亡斗争的残酷现实

All you can do is hope and trust that when you've served its needs faithfully,

你只能希望并且相信当你忠实的满足它的需要

there may still remain some glimmer of the life you once knew.

也许还留下一点你曾经了解的生命的火光

第四集:

Sometimes questions are more powerful than answers.

有时候问题的力量比它的答案能强大

How are these happening? What are they?

怎么会这样 是什么问题

Why them , not others?

为什么是它们而不是别的

Why now?

为什么是现在

What does it all mean?

它们到底有什么意义

第五集:

When a change comes, some species feel the urge to migrate.

当变化来临时 某些物种便感到迁移的冲动

They call it zugunruhe

人们把这叫做迁移兴奋

The pull of the soul to a far-off place.

将灵魂牵往远方

Following a scent in the wind, star in the sky.

跟随着风中的一缕气息 天空中的一点星光

The ancient message comes, calling the kindred to take flight and to gater together.

来自远古的讯息 召唤着整个家族启程 团聚

Only then can they hope to survive the cruel season to come.

只有这时 他们才能希望在残酷的季节到来时幸存下来

第六集:

Evolution is an imperfect and often violent process.

进化是一个不完美且常常伴随这个暴力的过程

A battle between what exists and what is yet to be born.

一场已存在的和还未出现事物之间的战斗

In the midst of these birth pains, morality loses its meaning.

在伴随出世的阵痛中 道德失去了意义

The question of good and evil reduced to one simple choice:survive or perish.

正义与邪恶的问题简化为一个选择:生存 还是灭亡

第七集:

They cannot fathom how much you stand to lose in failure.

他们不会明白你会在失败中失去多少东西

But you are the instrument of a flawless design.

但是你是一件没有瑕疵的作品

And all of life may hang in the balance.

世间的一切生命在平衡中命悬一线

A hero learns quickly who can comprehend and who merely stands in your way.

英雄能很快发现谁成为帮手而谁只会碍事

第八集:

The earth is large.

世界之大

Large enough that you think you can hide from anything.

大到你认为你可以躲过任何东西

From fate. From god.

躲过命运 躲过上帝

If only you found a place far enough away.

只要你能找到一个够遥远的地方

So you run.

所以 你逃跑了

You can run far.

你可以逃的很远

You can take your small precautions.

你也可以小心谨慎

But have you really gotten away?

但是你真的能一走了之吗

Can you ever escape?

你逃的掉吗

Or is the truth that you do not have the strength or cunning to hide from destiny.

或者事实是你根本没有力量和才智去逃避命运

But the world is not small, you are.

但是世界并不渺小 而你却是

And fate can find you anywhere.

不管到哪 命运都能找到你

第九集:

We are, if anything, creatures of habit drawn to the safety and comfort of the familiar.

我们 如果有什么不同的话 是有习性的动物 被所熟悉的事物的安全和舒适所吸引

But what happens when the familiar becomes unsafe,

但如果所熟悉的事物变的不安全了 那会发生什么呢

when the fear that we have been desperatelytrying to avoid finds us where we live?

当我们一直拼命避免的恐惧找上门来呢
关键字:英雄
生词表:
  • evolution [,i:və´lu:ʃən] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.进化;发展;发育 四级词汇
  • bluster [´blʌstə] 移动到这儿单词发声 v.(风)狂吹 n.狂风声 六级词汇
  • sentimental [,senti´mentl] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.感伤的;多愁善感的 四级词汇
  • glimmer [´glimə] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.&vi.闪光 四级词汇
  • happening [´hæpəniŋ] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.事件,偶然发生的事 四级词汇
  • migrate [mai´greit] 移动到这儿单词发声 v.迁移;移居(外国) 四级词汇
  • far-off [´fɑ:rɔ:f] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.远方的,遥远的 四级词汇
  • calling [´kɔ:liŋ] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.点名;职业;欲望 六级词汇
  • imperfect [im´pə:fikt] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.不完全的;未完成的 四级词汇
  • morality [mə´ræliti] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.道德;教训;伦理学 四级词汇
  • fathom [´fæðəm] 移动到这儿单词发声 n.英寻 vt.推测,揣摩 四级词汇
  • gotten [´gɔtn] 移动到这儿单词发声 get的过去分词 四级词汇
  • trying [´traiiŋ] 移动到这儿单词发声 a.难堪的;费劲的 四级词汇


文章标签:好句